|6 Months Ended|
Jun. 30, 2019
|STOCKHOLDERS' EQUITY||STOCKHOLDERS' EQUITY
As of June 30, 2019, and December 31, 2018, the Company held 2,550,787 and 1,775,500 shares of its common stock in treasury at a total cost of $3,943,063 and $2,609,485, respectively.
On April 22, 2019, the Board of Directors (the “Board”) of Profire Energy, Inc. (the “Company”) approved the 2019 Executive Incentive Plan (the “EIP”) for Brenton W. Hatch, the Company’s President and Chief Executive Officer, Ryan W. Oviatt, the Company’s Chief Financial Officer, Cameron M. Tidball the Company’s Chief Business Development Officer, Jay G. Fugal, the Company’s Vice President of Operations, and Patrick D. Fisher, the Company’s Vice President of Product development. The EIP provides for the potential award of bonuses to the participants based on the Company’s financial performance in fiscal 2019. If earned, the bonuses will be payable in cash and stock, and the stock portion of the bonuses is intended to constitute an award under the Company’s 2014 Equity Incentive Plan, as amended (the “Plan”). In addition to the EIP, the Board also approved as a long term incentive plan the grants of a restricted stock unit awards to Messrs. Oviatt, Tidball, Fugal, and Fisher pursuant to the Plan (the “2019 LTIP”).
Under the terms of the EIP, each participating executive officer has been assigned a target bonus amount for fiscal 2019. The target bonus amount for Mr. Hatch is $412,000, the target bonus amount for Mr. Oviatt is $90,125, the target bonus amount for Mr. Tidball is $84,357, the target bonus for Mr. Fugal is $41,200, and the target bonus for Mr. Fisher is $38,750 CAD. Under no circumstance can the participants receive more than two times the assigned target bonus.
Participants will be eligible to receive bonuses based upon reaching or exceeding performance goals established by the Board or its Compensation Committee for fiscal 2019. The performance goals in the EIP are based on the Company’s total revenue, net income, free cash flow, and product development milestones. Each of these performance goals will be weighted 25% in calculating bonus amounts.
The bonus amounts earned under the EIP, if any, will be paid 50% in cash and 50% in shares of Restricted Stock under the Plan. In no event shall the total award exceed 200% of the target bonus amount for each participant, or exceed any limitations otherwise set forth in the Plan. The actual bonus amounts, if any, will be determined by the Compensation Committee of the Board upon the completion of fiscal 2019 and paid by March 15, 2020, subject to all applicable tax withholding.
The 2019 LTIP consists of total awards of up to 66,213 restricted stock units (“Units”) to Mr. Oviatt, up to 51,646 Units to Mr. Tidball, up to 35,313 Units to Mr. Fugal, and up to 24,862 Units to Mr. Fisher pursuant to two separate Restricted Stock Unit Award Agreements to be entered between the Company and each participant. One such agreement will cover 33% of each award recipient’s Units that are subject to time-based vesting, and the other such agreement will cover the remaining 67% of such award recipient’s Units that may vest based on performance metrics. Upon vesting, the award agreements entitle the award recipients to receive one share of the Company’s common stock for each vested Unit. The vesting period of the 2019 LTIP began on January 1, 2019 and terminates on December 31, 2021 (the “Performance Vesting Date”).
On March 14, 2019, our Board of Directors approved a grant of 85,000 restricted stock units ("RSUs") to various employees. The awards vest annually over five years and will result in total compensation expense of $149,600 to be recognized over the vesting period.
On June 12, 2019, the Board of Directors approved a grant of 183,942 restricted stock units ("RSUs") to Independent Directors. Half of the RSUs vest immediately on the date of grant and the remaining 50% of the RSUs will vest on the one year anniversary of the grant date or at the Company's next Annual Meeting of Stockholders, whichever is earlier. The awards will result in total compensation expense of $252,000 to be recognized over the vesting period.
The entire disclosure for shareholders' equity comprised of portions attributable to the parent entity and noncontrolling interest, including other comprehensive income. Includes, but is not limited to, balances of common stock, preferred stock, additional paid-in capital, other capital and retained earnings, accumulated balance for each classification of other comprehensive income and amount of comprehensive income.
Reference 1: http://fasb.org/us-gaap/role/ref/legacyRef